Anyone over 18 age can enter the contest with the exception of BlackandWhite Photo Awards employees, their associated companies, and employees of any company chosen to sponsor the contest prizes.
Only black and white pictures will be accepted into the contest.
Film or digital captured images are accepted.
There is no limit of images each artist can submit.
There are no date and time restrictions on when the image was taken.
Black and White Photo Awards reserves the right, at its exclusive discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not meet the following requirements:
- You are the unique owner and author of each photograph
- The presented image must be 100% photographic origin, this means using a camera or similar device.
- You confirm that each person in photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown, unless the copyright laws in your jurisdiction allow film persons in a public place without consent.
- Your image does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, or pornographic content.
- Your image does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a crime or violate any law.
- Your image does not infringe copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, neither violate the rights of privacy or publicity of any person.
- Your photo will not include images that you have purchased or for which you have obtained the rights to be used.
- You will accept the decision of the judges and agree not to contact any judge directly in relation to your photographs, you can’t participate in judges attacks or evaluation process in any medium, social media including.
- You agree to fully indemnify the Black and White photo awards about all penalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person for failure to comply with any of the above requirements.
Winners’ names will be posted online at bwphotoawards.com
The files must keep the following specifications:
– sRGB or Adobe98 color space.
– The minimum dimension must be 2500 pixels on the long side.
– JPG format.
– No watermarks / Copyright units / Logos on images.
– Borderless photos only.
– Maximum size 100 megabytes.
Finalists must provide a RAW file. This file will only be used to demonstrate ownership of the submited image and to verify edit quantity. Winning Participants who not keep these eligibility criteria will be considered ineligible and disqualified with no right to appeal. If the photographic equipment does not have the capacity to take these photographs in RAW format, the original JPG file must be presented without any type of modification and with the EXIF data.
Registration fees are in Euros and will be paid by credit card or Paypal. Follow the instructions when the image upload is complete.
You can participate in the following categories:
- Fauna and Flora
Registration fee will be 15€ per category. This registration allows you send 5 pictures for the chosen category.
The registration period will end on June, 15th
We could extend the participation period if the registration phase has not ended and the costs have not been covered.
The dates and rates will appear at all times on the contest website bwphotoawards.com
You can add more photos while the participation period is open, however, once it is over, the photos cannot be changed.
COPYRIGHT AND RIGHTS OF USE
The copyright of the images will always belong to the photographer. Our sponsors do not acquire rights of use for commercial purposes.
For the winning images, the copyright holders allows contest organizer unlimited and non-exclusive use for activities in all media, including social media, online and printed, in relation with the contest and all promotional activities without any remuneration.
The copyright holders of all winning images allows the contest organizer the non-exclusive use of images on our website, without any remuneration.
Images will be used strictly in relation with the awards and will not be used for any other purposes. The images will not be sold or used by third parties, If we recive a request for it, we will send it to the photographer by email.
The rights to display images is granted on social media websites (on our official profiles) to promote the winners of the Black and White photo awards,
You agree to participate in related publicity and the use of your name and images for promotional and advertising purposes in relation with the contest, without additional compensation.
Black and White photo awards and its partners do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for the misuse of images by external third parties.
Any image used by the Black and White photo awards must mention the author of it. If this mention is not made, it will not be considered a negligence, provided that all reasonable efforts are made to rectify it in a reasonable period from the date of notification.
Cash prizes will be paid in Euros by PayPal or bank transfer. Any fees incurred for foreign currency transfers will be deducted from the total. There are no alternatives available to award winners.
The prizes will be:
- 1000€ absolute winner
- 150€ best category photo
- 100€ second winning photo in category
- SanDisk Professional PRO-G40 SSD (2TB) 250€ special award to creativity
- 15 honorable mentions
The jury will be composed by 5 members
The jury phase will be blind. The judges will individually score each photograph, the average of these scores will be used to select the finalists in each category. Later, a new vote will be made, which will result in the winner of each category and the final winner of the contest.
Images will be judged on artistic merit, originality, theme, and style.
The decision of the Black and White photo awards is definitive.